- Related Research Areas
- Atmospheric Composition, Carbon Cycle & Ecosystems, Climate Variability & Change, Earth Surface & Interior, Water & Energy Cycles, Weather
The task of outlier detection becomes more challenging if the data is located at different locations where the goal is to find the outliers in the union of all of the data without necessarily moving all points to a centralized location. In this work we develop a partly synchronized, unsupervised approach for outlier detection on distributed datasets. A distance-based outlier detection technique based on a nearest-neighbor algorithm akin to Orca was implemented in Java resulting in increase speed due to the number of processors available as well as additional improvements to the algorithm yielding efficient data transferring and evaluation of points across the distributed nodes.
A Publication, Distributed Nearest Neighbors Algorithm - 4 years, 6 months ago
To address the problem of unsupervised outlier detection in wireless sensor networks, we develop an approach that (1) is flexible with respect to the outlier ...
Log in to start a discussion.
- Any registered users can join
- Anybody can view this project
- Any registered users can leave comments
- Anybody can view comments
- Joined 4 years, 6 months ago
Visit our help center