- Related Research Areas
- Carbon Cycle & Ecosystems, Climate Variability & Change
We are working on a variety of questions around the impacts of fog on the hydrology of ecosystems in coastal California. This is an area of strong spatial and temporal variability in moisture availability. Fog and low stratus clouds have been shown to play an ecologically important role in moderating summer drought and influencing distribution of plant species across the landscape. Current research projects focus on the Channel Islands off southern California and include climate reconstruction, basic ecohydrology, and fog capture for irrigating restoration plantings among others.
Nothing to see here at the moment. Check back later.
Log in to start a discussion.
- Only approved users can join
- Anybody can view this project
- Any registered users can leave comments
- Anybody can view comments
- Joined 3 years, 11 months ago
Visit our help center